Our advanced "jobs by email" will send you new jobs every day.
Recruiters will contact you directly about jobs they have available.
Registration only takes a few minutes, but will save you hours.
Test Automation Engineer – Selenium
Test Automation Engineer – Selenium - Dubai
Test Automation Engineer - Selenium. Dubai - Salary / Rate - TBC
Long term contract
An opportunity for a Contract Automation Test Engineer has arisen to work for a prestigious organisation based in Dubai. The Automation Engineer will be responsible for writing automated acceptance tests for Web Applications.
- Develop, maintain and execute high quality automation tests to ensure sufficient test coverage for web applications
- Implementing acceptance tests using Selenium Webdriver & Java
- Participate in automation script code reviews
- Working continuously with the development and test engineering teams to automate testing
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to understand project objectives, gather automation requirements, design automated tests, troubleshoot issues, and implement scalable test automation solutions
- Develop and monitor test metrics and provide timely communication to key stakeholders on a regular basis
Key Skills/ Experience
- Java- Intermediate level or higher
- Experience developing and working with command line tools
- Experience of building test automation frameworks and environments from scratch using Java
- Experience with tools such maven or gradle.
- Experience in test automation for Web Applications
- Strong knowledge of automation framework concepts and automation best practices
- Experience with using and setting up Continuous Integration jobs e.g. Jenkins
- Great engineering practices with a focus on TDD and BDD principles and a strong focus on non-functional requirements at the beginning rather than an afterthought
- Working with XML and JSON for content/data feeds and REST for consuming API
- Version control systems e.g. Git
- Strong experience working in a Continuous Testing / DevOps environment
- Ability to work without direct supervision while contributing to the success of the team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated high standard of coding practices including good design documentation and peer code-reviews
- Strong problem-solving skills; the ability to analyse automation testing problems and develop actionable and appropriate tactical plans quickly
- Crossbrowsertesting, Saucelabs
- e-Commerce software applications
- Agile SCRUM
- Aviation Domain
We are keen to build strong relationships with IT consultants based on providing a transparent and supportive service. Now in our 18th year we pay promptly and are a stable contracting partner in good financial health. Deerfoot IT: Est. 1997. REC member. ISO certified. *Each time we send a CV to a recruiting client we donate £1 to The Born Free Foundation (charity no. 1070906). We never send your CV without your email authorisation.