Our advanced "jobs by email" will send you new jobs every day.
Recruiters will contact you directly about jobs they have available.
Registration only takes a few minutes, but will save you hours.
Associate IT Engineer
Cambridge (Full Time, Permanent)
Associate IT Engineer - Cambridge
We are looking for an Associate IT Engineer to assist with the maintenance and support of the IT systems and infrastructure of a Cambridge based company, ensuring the effective operation of its worldwide activities.
If you have just completed your 'A' levels and have a keen interest in IT this could be for you. Some experience in a similar role would be great but is not essential.
* Assisting in the day to day maintenance and support of the IT systems, network and communications infrastructure for UK and worldwide satellite offices providing:
- Desktop support - working with Windows 7, 8, Vista and XP, MS Office, printers, phones, mobiles (Blackberry, Android, iOS), Mac OSX 10.x
- Server-side support - working with Windows Server and Exchange, Active Directory, DHCP, Wi-fi, VPNs
- Critical support for a number of remote users
* Providing support to UK employees with technical queries, incidents and trouble tickets via e-mail, telephone, instant message and in person
* Learn and follow company IT practices (including ISO 9001 processes) by using available resources for learning, and seeking peer feedback
* Identify gaps in knowledge to complete a task and discuss these with departmental members and gain further technical understanding where needed
* Refine initial requirements to identify problem areas and task dependencies by providing basic estimates of time taken to complete simple tasks and agree deadlines with the team leader. Manage time effectively to complete assigned tasks, seeking help early if deadlines will not be met
* Use a methodical approach to the analysis and diagnosis of technical issues and defects
* Implement solutions to well-defined technical problems, under the guidance of a more senior engineer, applying experience to new situations effectively
* Regularly report progress on their own task(s) to the team lead
* Work effectively with other members of the team
* Contribute to team meetings by sharing knowledge and ideas, listening to others and participating in discussion
* Document, present and review technical information aimed at targeted peers, as required (e.g. updating a wiki page) - clearly, concisely and appropriately targeted to the audience
* Develop an awareness of company strategy, by attending all hands and departmental meetings and asking questions of others to clarify understanding
* Willingness to occasionally travel for work as requested, with appropriate support