Let the right jobs and recruiters find you...
- Our advanced "jobs by email" will send you new jobs every day.
- Recruiters will contact you directly about jobs they have available.
- Registration only takes a few minutes, but will save you hours.
Chichester (Full Time, Permanent)
£40,000 - £60,000 / Year (See Job Spec)
IT Manager - Chichester
Do you have proven leadership skills in an infrastructure or software development environment?
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding new opportunity?
We are currently in very exciting times as we're in the process of conducting a major re-write of our core applications and implementation of new platforms. We are looking to strengthen our technology team by recruiting an IT Manager who thrives in an organisation that values collaboration, commitment, innovation and ongoing personal development of staff.
We are looking for a forward thinking influencer whose innovative approach will be key in motivating a team in the successful delivery and on-going support of technical solutions.
This IT Manager role will appeal to a team orientated, commercially aware, resilient and proactive technology leader who is seeking a highly visible, influential and responsible role in a small but dynamic forward thinking organisation.
This is an excellent opportunity to utilise your excellent people management/ team development skills, and experience of managing IT budgets in a supportive and dynamic environment.
* Leadership and accountability for the technology teams (circa 6 staff in total).
* Ownership of the technology strategy and technical product roadmaps.
* Create and maintain effective working relationships with all key technology suppliers.
* Use best practice to ensure a technology delivery and support capability that is customer aware, responsive to business change, scalable and flexible.
* Maintain and ensure adherence to internal and supplier technology service levels.
* Ensure data quality, integrity and security standards are defined, achieved & maintained e.g. PCI, APACS and similar accreditations/authorisations.
* Ensure a software development & lifecycle is defined and implemented from requirements definition to deployment & ongoing support.
* Ensure the IT teams achieve objectives within agreed operating budgets.
* Evaluate and recommend new or emerging technologies to support business objectives.
* Identify gaps in skills and experience to ensure personal Objectives and Development plans are in place to encourage a continuous development culture.
Additional Salary Info: Company pension scheme, death in service benefit
Keywords; IT Manager | IT | Infrastructure Manager | Development Manager | Technology Leader | Management | Staff Development | Software Development | Customer Service | B2B | Project Management | .Net | MS SQL | IIS | Database | ITIL | Prince
* Strong client facing, supplier management and project management skills.
* Ability to display strong technical competence and confidence in decision making.
* Previous leadership and management of Infrastructure and Software Development teams.
* Development and/or ownership of technology strategy and product roadmaps.
* Supplier relationship management ideally including outsourced Data Centre & 3rd party Development providers.
* Microsoft Technology stack e.g. .Net framework, MS SQL, IIS.
* An understanding of Database structures.
* Networking (MPLS, Switching, Routing, Cisco, Firewalls/Alert Logic), Windows Server 2012, Clustering, VM Ware certification.
* Business continuity & disaster recovery experience.
* Experience of industry standard methodologies. E.g. ITIL and Prince.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and strong organisation, planning and leadership skills.
* Proactively identifies technical risks & suggests constructive improvement opportunities.
* Can simplify and explain complex technical explanations for colleagues and customers alike.
* Ability to set both personal & team goals and prioritise them in line with business needs.
* Excellent problem determination, ownership, management & resolution skills.
* Works with enthusiasm, drive, motivation, positivity and resilience.
* Questions, listens, clarifies and responds in a concise and coherent manner.
* Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
* A flexible approach to working hours is required as the criticality of the role may occasionally involve extended or unsocial working hours.
* Data security & integrity (PCI-DSS, PA-DSS, APACS etc)
* Online/[Admin: Removed]service delivery and usability (OWASP)
* Recognised Project Management methodology e.g. Prince, PMP etc.
We are an acknowledged leading supplier in the B2B card payment industry for over 25 years. We have worked with partners across the payment card industry, including the leading banks and all the major card schemes, Visa, MasterCard and American Express, providing innovative solutions for secure payments processing as well as data management services.
We consider ourselves "Small Giants" and pride ourselves on providing great client service with straightforward advice and high quality support for all its customers
We provide a flexible range of products and services that enable businesses, whether they be large or small, to accept and submit card payments. Services range from simple online payments to complex solutions for large international companies.
We are committed to robust data security and is a fully PCI DSS certified payment service provider. Whilst we outsource our data hosting with an industry accredited secure data centre in the UK, we have our own in-house technology and operational specialists who are supported by a multi-lingual customer service and support teams based in Chichester, West Sussex.