Register your CV
[ Hide ]
Work / Shared PC
Search 48,701 Jobs:
Full time only
Part time only
Student Gap Year
> SQL Server Database Administrator
[ Hide ]
Work / Shared PC
Help me find...
Peterborough IT Jobs
Register with us - Click Here
Let the right jobs and recruiters find you...
Our advanced "jobs by email" will send you new jobs every day.
Recruiters will contact you directly about jobs they have available.
Registration only takes a few minutes, but will save you hours.
SQL Server Database Administrator
(Full Time, Permanent)
SQL Server Database Administrator - Peterborough, Cambridgeshire,
My client is looking to recruit a SQL Server Database Administrator to join the growing IT Team.
Your main responsibilities:
· Take the lead in managing the stability, security, performance and reliability of the companys data.
· SQL monitoring, troubleshooting, tuning and high-availability strategies in a Windows/SQL Server 24/7 production environment.
· Develop, implement and maintain backup and recovery strategies.
· Provide expertise in T-SQL for SQL Server to the software development team.
· Develop, implement and monitor production loading processes with DTS.
· Plan hardware requirements and storage capacity for scalable database growth.
· Proactively monitor the production databases and work with 3rd party development teams to recommend performance increases.
· Administer, maintain, develop and recommend policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the companies databases.
· Ensure all database environments (Test, Training, Live) are in sync to keep track of database versions for all environments.
· Manage distributed data.
· Problem solving and issue resolution on production cluster databases.
· Identify and resolve database performance issues, database capacity issues and other distributed data issues.
You will need:
· Proven experience supporting, tuning and maintaining SQL Servers in a live environment.
· Experience with configuring SQL Servers for high availability (cluster design etc)
· Use of ETL tools like DTS
· Reporting and data analysis using tools like Query Analyser, Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reporting Services and Analysis Services.
· MCP Qualifications in SQL Server.
· Experience of SQL Server 2005
· Able to demonstrate a calm logical, procedural approach when dealing with highly pressured situations.
· Able to demonstrate desire to learn and share knowledge.
· Able to communicate well with both technical and business staff.
· Desire to build on knowledge of SQL 2005.
© Copyright and Database Rights VacancyCentral.co.uk. 2004-2018
Terms and Conditions