Our advanced "jobs by email" will send you new jobs every day.
Recruiters will contact you directly about jobs they have available.
Registration only takes a few minutes, but will save you hours.
Senior PHP Developer
South east (Full Time, Permanent)
Senior PHP Developer - South East
My client is a well-established Financial Services organisation who specialise in providing online consumer Finance for over 15 years, with its operations centre based in South East London. This is an opportunity to join an exciting and forward thinking organisation, on the verge of considerable growth.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior PHP Developer where you will be responsible for the production, modification and maintenance of back end applications. This involves working closely with Website Developers and designers, to ensure the website and applications are built as specified.
You'll also work closely with the UAT Coordinator to test your server-side code. Your focus will be on team goals, customer value and looking at the bigger picture.
Duties & responsibilities
- Helping to build functional requirements, technical design and implement application features
- Field questions and solve problems for user support and client services
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by the Website Developers, with server side logic
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Build and maintain functional apps for the business
- Building and modification of API's to enable system integration
- Solve complex scalability, platform and integration problems
- Minimum 3 years' full time experience in PHP development
- Must be conversant with both object orient and procedural coding
- Minimum 3 years' full time experience MySQL database design, optimisation and development (not necessarily a full DBA skillset)
- Excellent knowledge of Integration and exchange protocols (ex. XML, Soap, Json etc.) essential
- Basic Unix command line knowledge essential
Please apply today for consideration. Interviews can take place at short notice, with a quick decision likely.